How to Remove Weed Eater Head: Weed eaters are excellent equipment for any landscaper because of it’s helpful, adaptable, powerful activities, and makes the action achieved easily. They’ll break and deal with after a long period of time, large or irregular usage. Weed hackers will oftentimes require an exchangeable head since there are some heavy uses. The performances of strings that are extremely heavy and make heavy wear and tear on the engine.
Your long-lasting Weed Eater may be damaged just like any other yard type of equipment. The trimmer head will probably undergo the most damage because the head creates a connection with the ground and other things while the trimmer is in practice. Replacement heads are available at home repair centers including at Poulan dealers. Separating the head from a weed eater is an easy subject of unthreading the head from the top of the bar.
The main problem is here, the line inside that produces the trimmer head to rotate has ripped and after a long time, the head won’t rotate anymore.
- 1 How to Remove Weed Eater Head
- 1.1 Equipment to replace the weed eater head
- 1.2 Step – 01: Remove the spool of the line
- 1.3 Step – 02: Clean out any debris and grass
- 1.4 Step -03: Take off the bump doorknob
- 1.5 Step – 04: Find the hole
- 1.6 Step – 05: Put the minute head screwdrivers
- 1.7 Step – 06: Remove the center nut
- 1.8 Step – 07: Pull the head off
- 1.9 Step – 08: Put the new trimmer head
- 1.10 Step – 09: Insert the line
- 1.11 Step – 10: Join the new weed eater head
- 1.12 Precautions
How to Remove Weed Eater Head
If you’ve ever gone to replace the line of a weed eater, you comprehend how subverting it may be. However, many of us do not know that there is a faster and more comfortable process to do an irritating job. In this article, we’ll know how to remove and install a trimmer head, how to remove weed eater head troy bilt, craftsman, husqvarna, weed eater trimmer head replacement, replacing weed eater head, etc.
Equipment to replace the weed eater head
In order to exchange your best weed eater heads, you will need some suitable accessories, fairly time, and a few skills. In general, you will require the following associates.
- A new weed trimmer head
- Wiping cloths or shop towel
- A short & a flathead screwdriver
- String and
- A wrench
This job is not so difficult. You can do it undoubtedly! Now you will know how to remove the former head for a different one with the help of some instructions. Three are ten very simple steps to complete the operation easily. These are as follows.
Step – 01: Remove the spool of the line
In the beginning, you need to exclude the spool of the line from the housing of the device. The true process indicates pushing in, rotating, and removing off the spool. By simple words, At first, turn off your weed eater. If it is electric, disconnect it from its power connection. If it is gas-powered, switch the spark plug off by pushing the cap, then let the engine cool down totally.
Step – 02: Clean out any debris and grass
Use a shop towel to clean out any debris and grass trimmings to make the task lighter.
Step -03: Take off the bump doorknob
Take off the bump doorknob located on the bottom of the head. To remove the spool line you will need to turn it counterclockwise and then pull the spool wheel out.
If you own a regular type of the weed eater, you need to find a holding nut including a bolt that connects the head to the machine. You should not be worried about the direction of unscrewing. Based on the company, some of these items can be oppositely threaded.
Step – 04: Find the hole
The weed eater should have a little hole in both the inner and outer part of the trimmer head.
Step – 05: Put the minute head screwdrivers
Put the minute head screwdrivers into both of the holes while removing the center nut in order to keep the head in place. You should remember one more thing that determines on time the sort of holding nut and three-sided adapter piece which matches the threaded shaft of your piece.
Step – 06: Remove the center nut
Remove the center nut with the help of an adjustable wrench. Then just pull the trimmer head straight off.
Step – 07: Pull the head off
If the trimmer doesn’t have the two tiny holes for Phillips’s head, move the trimmer head lose from the shaft with a screwdriver, and then pull the head off.
Step – 08: Put the new trimmer head
Put the new replacement trimmer head in the specific direction as you took the previous one-off. Either include the screwdrivers and put on the nut or push it on tightly.
Step – 09: Insert the line
Insert the line through the insecure holes from the spool, then touch the bump button back into position the likewise means you took it out. there is a possibility of being a bit different than the most common ones for the head of the type of weed eater you are using. In such cases, you need to understand the instruction manual included by the manufacturer with the product acquired.
Step – 10: Join the new weed eater head
Enter the two edges of the spool through the holes on the outer portion of the head. now you have to handle it relaxed for a moment. Finally, you need to fix the bottom bump knob onto the new weed trimmer head.
You should change your weed eater head like a regular job for string trimmer users. When users finish the trimmer line adjusting a few times, they become pro. But, if someone does not overlook the case when the weed eater’s head doesn’t come off, he/she requires to read.
While you are going to remove the weed trimmer head by yourself, you should keep some precautions in mind. Some sensitive points for the necessary protection are given below.
- You should not start this work without taking the mandatory safety norms. Remember that the line of your trimer will run very speedily while the machine is switched on.
- If you substitute the head wrongly, there is a probability to hurt yourself, people, or other animals around you while using your piece next time.
- Always obey the directions provided in the user guide which the producer embeds with the bought product. Mostly the weed trimmers have the same heads, and their removal is about the same.
- Although there are several brands with designs that require a different method. If you have one like them, detect the variations, follow instructions, then you will be able to do without any problem to complete the work.
- Don’t practice a cut branch rope on an electric trimmer.
- Unplug the branch rope on the trimmer by uprooting the plug only, and not the rope.
- Wear protective gear, including protective eyewear, lengthy pants, and closed-toe footwear, when conducting a weed eater.
If any questions or difficulties arise concerning the weed trimmer, take it easy to let us understand via the following comment box.